Monday, July 30, 2007

No pictures please.



I'm a little confused at vendors who come to events and refuse to let you take pictures. For instance, I got one shot and this vendor shut me down. It always seems really random.

I always honor their requests... but it still always seems really lame. You can buy these butterfly shadow boxes in a bunch of catalogs.

Plus, they are at an event selling their items in front of a massive amount of people. Why don't they want the extra exposure?

Additionally, if they really don't want anyone taking photos - why not stick up a sign so people know up front?

2 comments:

  1. some retailers who do this are just rude, but in this case it may be that the flash degrades the color of the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. That is a really good point. They could just put a sign up that tells people not to use flash. I rarely use flash as my camera works in low non-existant light.

    It is something I hadn't thought of though. They probably are sensitive to light.

    ReplyDelete