Thursday, July 08, 2010

Since I'm in a bad mood anyway.

You know - my whole life I've never really cared that much about Presidents. I'm mean their policy affects things. Still, I've always had more faith in people and their ability to go around policy. People will take the shortest path that benefits them the most. It's the way it should be.

I never imagined in my wildest dreams that one person could make it so there was absolutely no incentive to do anything any better. I mean, not just in pockets. As a whole.

I even notice it with myself. I have two toilets that remind me every day of how much I hate the way things are going right now. Yet, even I won't rip them out. Because there are the Paul Krugmans of the world saying "oh, you won't spend money?! I'll just effing take your money and spend it for you. The way I think it should be spent". The only way to stop them. Is to not make money. I can't understand why these idiots can't figure this out.

Every day I vacillate back and forth on the unemployed.

On one level - I almost can't blame them. On another, I think - Don't they realise they are going to suffer the same fate as women do. You know - the magical wage disparity. Women as a whole are not in the workforce as long, so as a whole, they often don't make as much.

Do these people think they are going to sit on unemployment for two years making close to full salary. Then pop up, and get a job making what they used to?

They've been out of the workforce for two years! They are probably going to have to take a considerable wage cut.

It's essentially the sub-prime of the workforce. Dragging down wages for everyone.

And, no one anywhere has an incentive to make anything better.

Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment