Friday, February 06, 2009

Retail guy confirms what we already know.

Today - I noticed quite a difference in the state of customer service. Now that my whole world view is shattered I'm not sure what this blog is going to become.

Anyway.

I'm standing in line and retail guy plucks me out, and offers to speed me through the checkout. I immediately notice that he is overly polite. Not in a bad way. But, in a way that scares me, because I've never seen it before.

I'm somewhat distracted because when I walked in the store there was a 20 something panhandler with his dog. He had a sign, and I was fighting the urge of not being able to take a photo without being an asshole.

Yes.. I walked off without my camera again. So it is cellphone or nothing. Not stealth at all. Also - I have a bias against really young panhandlers. I think they are uniquely able to find work. Because they are young! Mow lawns if you have to. So - I'm in heavy distraction mode.

I'm at the point where I need to sign my name and the stylus doesn't seem to be showing I'm signing my name.

Me - Is your stylus not working?

Him - It was working earlier.

I make a few more attempts and realise it just has a dead spot. So I say "oh it is working now, I guess I was just being a retard.

Him - Oh. I'm sorry about that.

We are all sorry about that Retail Guy. He wasn't being sarcastic. Just overly polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment