Friday, May 29, 2009

Max Dep.

I know I haven't been around in a couple of days. So, I'm giving you something short.

One of my girlfriends is still a bit of a hippy thus was choosing to sleep with her baby in the bed with her. After two years of this, and an extraordinary amount of sleep loss she almost lost her mind. I'm not even joking. After a while I finally said to her - ah... now you get it.

You see, unless you suffer severe sleep deprivation - you just can not understand how completely it alters you. So I really don't even talk much about it, because I really don't think most people can grasp the depth of the issue. People think not sleeping well, and loosing sleep for years are essentially the same thing. They are not.

I've been dealing with sleep deprivation for so long, I can actually see how if you weren't quite balanced it could tip you over into a dark place. I've learned to adapt. Yet, at the high range - I do elect to not drive. Not because I don't think I can. Or I might fall asleep. Only that if an accident were to happen (even if it wasn't my fault) I could not hide the fact that I am completely deprived. So I just don't.

So, this is where I am today. Everything feels like you are moving around in water. And, Maker Faire is tomorrow. Which I am completely dreading. I hope I get sleep tonight, because I can't imagine doing that whole thing with the way I am feeling today.

No comments:

Post a Comment