Thursday, March 12, 2009

That again?

I guess this is interesting timing. With Easter coming up and all. If any of you Readers think it's a great idea to purchase a bunny. Don't. They are notorious money sucks.

So, I had to take Saffron in today. Apparently she has glaucoma. I can't even figure out what the odds of one household having two bunnies with glaucoma are. But, its probably way up there.

Jane Doe I can understand, she is a gutter stray. But Saffron we paid good money for. It just sucks. Glaucoma is such a frustrating chronic illness. With Jane, we kept her eye for 3 years. Until the eye couldn't survive anymore, and freaked out on a holiday. Oh BTW, bunnies always get sick on holidays. Always. Never forget it.

Though I think she has been happier since it was removed. So this time I want to yank Saffron's eye right away. It will just end up that way anyway. Caring for the eye only puts off the inevitable. But, the surgery is so traumatic. Especially because Saffron is so much more bonded to us. So leaving her overnight is a special worry. And, having to wear a cone so completely traumatizes bunnies. It sucks. Plus right now, everyone just has 1000+ dollars laying around. Right?

I repeat. Don't buy a bunny. Or even let one camp out on your door step. Those are the costliest ones.

2 comments:

  1. awww poor bunny. Good luck figuring out a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm pretty bummed about it. It was a problem I didn't think I'd have to deal with again.

    ReplyDelete