Tuesday, November 13, 2018

America is waking up to the fact that we have to train a lot of people.



I got to try on some of these augmented reality safety gear by Realwear last week and I was delightfully surprised. I know it's been a while since I've said that, but software is getting a lot better. It's voice activated so you can change what you see on the screen just by giving it voice commands. And it actually worked. You know, sometimes you have to give demos a little freedom, but this was a fully functioning product. It so nice.

I've always felt that manufacturing was where augmented reality will thrive. People are already used to wearing bulky headgear. And it really costs a lot of money to hire and train people.  For the past couple of decades we just outsourced that. Now we have to find ways to train people more cheaply. I don't know if this is it. But I like this sector is finally showing some movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment