Wednesday, October 04, 2017

It's like a box of chocolates.



I wasn't sure what I was going to find when I got inside. I estimated this tile was sitting on about an inch of mud, but it turned out to be crazier than that. I've got about 3 and a half inches at the high slope.

When the contractor I'm using saw it, the only thing he said was - oh... someone has made a very big mistake. You see, this kind of weight should not be sitting over a garage. I'm not even sure how they got all that crap up there. It was so heavy it was trying to pull the stucco off two of the wall sides. You can see this in the last picture where I have a nice knarly crack where water can get in.

The other thing interesting about my project is I'm using a commercial contractor. Not a residential one.









No comments:

Post a Comment