Monday, October 30, 2017

I'm a slave to Mother Nature right now.

Today the painting crew arrived (me) and it decided to be super windy making everything 200% harder. Your tarps won't stay down, and putting them around windows is a new challenge I could have used without. I have to get paint down on that wall they stripped the stucco on. And man does new stucco eat paint.

On Saturday Mr S, and I met with a tile guy and hired him. Even tile guys are booked a week or two out. I feel kinda sheepish admitting I am putting tile back on those pony walls because it sounds like I'm going to tard it out.  I don't ~think~ I am... but you can never tell if what you see in your head is going to look like in real life. And I'm going to post pictures eventually so I think you guys will figure out that I put tile back up there.

2 comments:

  1. Capital of Texas RefugeeTuesday, October 31, 2017 9:55:00 AM

    Decent tile might weigh less than the amount of wood paneling you might need for the deck, and it might last longer ...

    But tile doesn't really provide a good waterproofing layer.

    Hopefully your paint is going to provide some protection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tile is going to weigh 700 pounds. Which means I need to help move 700 pounds. The deck basically is an outdoor shower at this point. The whole underlayment is the same as a shower.

    ReplyDelete