Thursday, June 22, 2017

I was wondering when Bed Bath & Beyond would be added to the retail apocalypse.

I was just in that store two days ago buying towels. I hadn't been there in a long time. To my shock the whole front of the store looked like a drug store selling stuff like shampoo, soap, deodorant. It tripped me out enough that Mr S. and I had a huge conversation about it. Because every store sells that stuff. Supermarkets, Target, everyone! We tried to figure out where that business was going. Maybe BBY is a stale brand, or maybe Amazon is killing them, or maybe they are just choosing higher end stores like Sur-la_table.

When I got to the towel isle I was like - this is the towel isle? I guess people aren't buying towels. Why would people come to this store I thought to myself.

To me,  it looked like they were doing anything they could to survive. Even if that meant selling shampoo.

Man, back in the day before the recession....shopping at BBY was like shopping at Whole Foods. They aren't pulling in that kind of money with shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment