Friday, June 30, 2017

Has he quit yet?

Right now I'm depending on Mr S. for a lot of male translation skills. Because when I see men all I see is a thought bubble that says - don't tell me what to do.  Which is fine because I normally don't need to tell guys what to do. But this is a construction project. By definition, I have to tell him what to do.

Right now we are doing a lot of the planning in email and Mr S. tells me - you could have used more words to say what you did.

Me - Guys hardly use any words to talk to each other and I have to fluff him up? Why do I have a different standard?

Him - We do barely use any words to talk to each other, but we also get pissed off at each other. You are his manager and as a manager you have to fluff him up.

But in my defense - at least I try to talk to men in a way that doesn't piss them off. Most women wouldn't even give this a thought at all. Otherwise I wouldn't need male translation skills. I'd just say eff it.

No comments:

Post a Comment