Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Tiny tears of pain.

When Mr S. got home last night I walked up to him and said the following.

Me - Uuuuum. I might have done something un-wise.

He sort of gave me that panicked look that all of you would get, if someone walked up to you and said those words. The look that says - am I going to have to bail you out of jail?

Mr S. - Ooookay. What is it?

Me - You know how I wanted to get those chili seeds and the shipping was really high? Well, I just picked something randomly so I could even out the cost.

The good news is that they are the size of a pea. (The seeds I was looking for are like the pandas of chili seeds. They don't reproduce well. So I wasn't able to buy them anywhere last year)

Him - What's the bad news? How hot are they?

Me - I told you what the good news was! Look - jalapenos are in the 7-9000 scoville range.

Him - So, what is their rating.

Me - I don't know. I don't want to tell you. Okay. They might be in the 100,000 scoville range. But, they are the size of a pea. Really small.

This is where I give him a reassuring smile.

Him - What, they didn't just sell poison?

No comments:

Post a Comment