Thursday, March 11, 2010

This is also sort of funny.

Yesterday, Mr S. sent me a photo of a big fire that was near his building. The city and the company had issued a shelter in place. Which of course they all ignored.

Mr S. wanted to get photos, and I don't know what the stories of the other guys were.

Later, Mr S. was telling me about it. He said he was walking over with a couple of guys to take pictures. The youngest one - right out of college said "what does shelter in place mean"?

Oh yes. Fine education these kids get.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, oh!! Head of the class!
    I know what a shelter in place is! We do those at Piko deGallo's school. I'll admit that I didn't know what that was until last year though.

    So, any pictures of the fire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.... it is sort of awkward if you get the alert and you aren't inside of a building.

    He did get a couple of shots, but he either got them before or after it was so involved because the smoke is white and it just looks like a big low hanging cloud. (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta go with the youngster on this one. Never heard of the phrase "had issued a shelter in place," and have no idea what it means.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously?! Don't you take the phrase apart? Shelter - in place. I just thought everyone knew what that meant. My bad.

    ReplyDelete