Saturday, March 20, 2010

Marketing from Toyota almost no one will notice.



I was going to go to San Fransisco today. When I woke up I realised I turned the heat off in the house because it was so warm yesterday, and had forgotten to turn it back on. So, it took me an hour to get out of bed. No San Fransisco.

We decided to go to lunch and do some stuff around the house. On the way to lunch - I spotted this in San Jose.

I wouldn't have noticed it at all, but I used to work in the building directly to the left of this picture. It has nice architecture - so when I drive by it, it always catches my eye. And, I'd read about Toyota doing this adopt a highway thing last week. Though, I thought they were doing them in Marin. Not down here in San Jose.

When I drove by I knew immediately what is was and tried to find a good vantage point to take a picture. From the freeway, you really don't notice what it is.



Now I'm of two minds about this. I'm super happy the city is finally letting people clean up the freeway. Remember last year when I was bitching about how much trash was on the freeway?

If I were a shareholder, I might not be so happy. These people obviously do not know the California climate. This stuff will be dead in a month flat. So if anyone notices it at all, it will be a very short term marketing benefit.

This is the tiny sign they let them put up for adopting the highway. So that really isn't going to be a help either.

No comments:

Post a Comment