Saturday, April 24, 2010

Robogames 2010.

Obviously today, I was out at Robogames. You can see that from the title.

I have to say - I honestly don't know how to feel. I'm going to have to give Robogames a good review this year.

They moved it over to San Mateo. To a smaller venue. It was right sized. It was enjoyable. They had interesting stuff. Good for them.



One of the thing I found most interesting was this robot out of Willow Garage. The PR2. Which you may know as the towel folding robot. Youtube video here. It was impressive how easily it moved. Last year, home assistance robots seemed not doable. Now, I'm thinking "maybe". After all, allegedly one of these things can plug itself in. Video from the Willow Garage. I only say allegedly because I haven't seen it with my own eyes. And video is a perfect environment.



From Morav. Website.



This one I was transfixed on, because on a television monitor - they were showing it transform into a rolling robot. Which is what I imagine most walking robots will be capable of in the future. Dual purpose. It doesn't mean that will be reality. I just can't figure any other way to navigate all types of terrain with one system.

I thought the woman told me she had videos on her site, and youtube. Or I would have gotten more information. Website here.



I'm not sure who made this.



R2D2's having lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment