Saturday, April 10, 2010

But, where are the bums suppose to go?



On the Sunol grade.



This whole thing happened really randomly. Traffic was completely backed up. We were sure there was an accident somewhere. We came upon what looked like a accident, but not the one that was clogging the road.

We were in the slow lane. Because that is the only way to get around the Bay Area fast. (Seriously. The slow lane always goes much faster than the fast lanes.) I was rubber necking the accident which looked like a little fender bender - when I saw a guy with a high end video camera on the hill with about ten people. Then I saw the billboard.

Me - Mr S., Pull over. Pull over. Pull over.

Luckily there was an off ramp right there. I walk back about a hundred feet so I can get a clean shot. This is also exactly where the fender bender is. By this time Mr S. has caught up with me. The twentysomething guys who were in the accident all of a sudden turn to us and say "What's this about?".

Mr S. - It's about voting people out of congress.

Other guy - Oooh. I thought it was about bums. I was wondering where they were going to put the bums? I thought it was a little mean. I'm not against giving them change now and then, but sheesh.

Me - No - it's just about the election.

As a side note - this week when the Tea Party announced they put together a federation to dispel the rumors they were disorganised. The only thing I could think of was "rumors". That is a fact. I constantly try to find these guys events, and if you aren't on the right mailing list or twitter feed you can't find crap. Sometimes even if you are, they don't even show. Or if they do, it's like 5 people. I thought they wanted publicity. And seriously, I don't want to have to be on your mailing list. But I will come and take pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm with you on the finding out information part. My wife and daughter wanted to go to the rally in Lewiston Idaho this afternoon. I spent easily 30 minutes searching on the internets and found parties all over the U.S and stories of recent get-togethers in Lewiston, but nothing about today's event. We ended up calling someone that we thought would know and she did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't know why they don't make it so you don't have to be in their particular click, to find one.

    ReplyDelete