Friday, June 20, 2008

I swear, anything can make me jumpy.



It is almost a hundred degrees here today. So when I look up into the sky and see a magnificent rainbow. You know I have to take notice.

I'm totally fascinated by it. Then I think... hey... these sort of look like those rainbows on youtube right before the China earthquake. I'm sure its nothing.

It pisses me off I didn't have my filter on the blocks out IR light. But the rainbow was transfixing. That is why everything looks brown. Well, browner than it is in reality. The rainbow is also much less colorful because of this.

2 comments:

  1. From your photo it looks more like a sundog.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dog

    Pretty though. Intense color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. I'm pretty bummed about my photo actually. I'm pretty sure what I saw was this:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumhorizontal_arc

    Based on the time of day that I saw it. Around 2:30 in the afternoon. It was almost as bright as the wiki photos. And it sort of pulsed. It would get brighter, then weaken. Then get brighter again. And the yellows were so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete