Friday, April 05, 2019

I guess that didn't work out quite the way they planned.

A while back my local news station started a segment called "Building a better Bay Area"  Which seems to basically revolve around bitching about BART and Uber and Lyft. 

Everyday they have segments on this. And all of a sudden everyone is freaked out by how many Uber and Lyfts there are. They don't know how to handle it.  Which makes me laugh like a little school girl. Because you know all these ride sharing companies were "suppose" to take cars off the roads.

I'd go to dozens of these conferences where they tried with all their heart to convince me that was what was going to happen. Which just made me pissed because I knew that was never going to happen. I hold certain beliefs about people and one of them is they don't really like mass transit. Oh, they will put up with it if they have to. But if they can find another way - they will do that.
Even I pointed out six months ago they one day people would realize that those services didn't take ANY cars off the roads.

So, imagine my surprise to see that people will do almost anything not to ride public transportation.  Said in the most sarcastic way. The huge influx of ride renting just reinforces my belief.

It's almost comical in a way. Because their plan completely backfired. But they are just going to devise another way to get you out of your car. Government just never understands the law of unintended consequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment