Monday, December 24, 2018

The light crawl is not over yet.









Deer were a popular decoration "thing this year." I got this one because - that is a 12 point deer! Right? He's HUGE. As tall as that persons house. Where do you store THAT thing?





This four block area has a theme.They seem like a good, fun, time.









This one is hard to see, but they had a display in the window of their airstream, and on the side of their garage they were projecting the movie Elf.



I told Mr S. we had to go hit this house because it was the guys last year. Mr S.'s response was - why should we reward quitters?



It seems like these people who do the big displays probably celebrate Christmas all year long. They have a lot of dolls and that sort of stuff.



4 comments:

  1. Capital of Texas RefugeeMonday, December 24, 2018 7:02:00 PM

    "Hey kids, we're not going to Disney World this year, we're going somewhere BETTER ..."

    "Awww ... but better? Where?"

    "We're going to HAW PAR VILLA!"

    "WHERE IS THAT?"

    Haw Par Villa is in SINGAPORE!

    ...

    Pity it's closed for maintenance until sometime in the spring of 2019, or I'd totally be into doing that for Christmas.

    "Where we're going, we don't need Christmas lights ..." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The downside to living away from everyone is that I don't get to see lights like this much. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I was able to bring the lights closer to you. ;)

    Almost funner than the lights is talking to all the neighbors who live next to this. Some of these houses do really turn into a madhouse with block long lines. And a few have actual real estate disclosures on them. Yep - if you buy a place in the neighborhood - the lights will be on your mortgage docs. One of the houses has a trolley that goes it it every year. There is a ton of extra traffic.

    But most seem to be really happy. Mr S. was talking a guy and it turned out it was a neighbor. So I asked him how he liked the crazy. He was like - Oh - some of these neighbors buy their houses to be next to the lights. He was helping with crowd control-ish. I mean, really what is there to do? Everyone is really civil and happy.

    He said he was a cop. And it sort of all made sense. If you do that job, maybe you need a full month of Christmas to make your soul right.

    You do hear a lot of funny stories though. I didn't even post the best one in my town. I got lazy. The city gave them an extra power pole into their house for the lights. You don't even need to know the address. You just drive in the general direction. It can be seen for blocks.

    Texas Refugee - I'd do that once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to admit that I'm pretty sure I'd not want to live next to some of them. So I guess I'll survive living out here in the middle of nowhere!

    ReplyDelete