Friday, December 07, 2018

At least they are starting to think about privacy.



A few months ago there was none of that. They have now moved on to anonymizing the data they are taking from you, and your car. And I have to admit, I don't quite understand it.

In some cases data is sent to  a third party to strip identifying information. And in others they try to anonymize images. The picture with the arrow is the true image. The others are anonomyzed versions of him.

Like I said, I'm not really sure how this works. And for some reason my camera was picking up the refresh on the lights, so that why you get such a crappy image.

2 comments:

  1. Capital of Texas RefugeeSunday, December 09, 2018 7:32:00 PM

    I'm not so sure this is a good idea ...

    I could have sworn that one of the photos is of the still-alive terrorist Tsarnaev until I looked up his photo.

    But what happens to the ordinary redneck white guy who gets "anonymized" into looking like Eric Rudolph or Ted Kaczynski?

    Not that every one of them looks like a terrorist to me ...

    Second from left on the top actually looks like a Chinese spy who was arrested by the US, so there's that.

    Is there a hidden "dog whistle message" in that light refresh noise your camera picked up that says that in the future everyone will be regarded as a terrorist or as a spy?

    I wonder.

    THEY COULD EVEN BE IN YOUR HOUSE RIGHT NOW

    ... except, actually, no. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an interesting comment. I might actually ask them about that scenario if I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete