Tuesday, June 05, 2018

One of the many things in Silicon Valley I just don't understand.



I'm pretty loath to give link backs because sometimes I just don't want to be found. But this little company called Shift has been catching my attention about six months. The only reason I know about them is because these cars are being stored at a co-working site in Fremont. But every time I've driven by the site - there isn't much co-working that seems to be going on. The parking lot general usually only has about 5 cars. But a few months ago I noticed they had swapped out all of the Teslas they were storing there - put up a fence - and now seem to be storing used cars. And I have no idea how this company makes money. Especially since now their inventory seems to be getting pretty large. At first there were only a few dozen cars there, but now every time I drive by, there seems to be more.

The other odd thing is this site has warehouse space. Allegedly. But these cars are being stored outside.

I mean, it sounds like a dream for the seller. But how does this company make money. It's all I want to know. It's all I really want to know about most companies in Silicon Valley really.

No comments:

Post a Comment