Monday, May 01, 2017

Tiny houses are a stupid investment.

PRICE REDUCED!! custom built 7 X 12 TINY HOUSE $10,000.

I have been watching this fad in total disbelief. I have almost posted about it dozens of times. I just don't get it at all. There are already tiny houses! They are called mobile homes, and ya know what? You get to have a bathroom right inside, and a shower and everything!  And HEAT! You don't have to live in a garden shed amount of space.

I've been waiting for this market to turn forever. If mobile home makers thought there was a market for an upscale mobile home - they would be making them. Instead people are spending 50 grand to live in 200 square foot garden sheds. It's insane. And I get it - I lived in a van for a while. The conditions right now are not that different than when I was growing up poor. My family lived in a mobile home, and that's how I know you will never make money on them. Ever. Mobile homes are not a good investment because the land is where all the real cost is. If you don't own the land, you basically own nothing.

I've been waiting to see if anyone would be able to re-sell these things. Who knows, maybe the world has changed in a way I don't understand. But I don't think so. Even a van would keep it's re-sale value better than a tiny house. These things are the worst waste of money ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment