Thursday, September 26, 2013

One of the most interesting things I've seen in months.



I got out of one of the 3D printing booths yesterday and walked right into this booth from DigitalScan3D where my mouth promptly dropped. This product and 3D printing are a marriage made in heaven.

It's a handheld scanner that is able to scan anything. And I mean anything. People, tables, automotive parts. Anything. It was the first time I've seen a small portable handheld. Usually they are kinda big machines.

My mind went wild with the crazy potential. There are a lot of people at Silicon Valley companies who do nothing but try to reverse engineer products so they can not get in trouble with the patent police - or so they can just put the other guy out of business  with a better product. It's the culture here. It's a lot of work really. You start at the end and work your way back. This little Artec Eva will cut the time that takes by a lot. I can't imagine how more quickly products will come to market due to these types of products. Just look look through YouTube at the possibilities.

It was hard to capture just how cool this technology is, so you should at least watch these videos.








No comments:

Post a Comment