Monday, September 16, 2013

I change my mind on the Fed.

Exactly one year ago today - I had two houses underwater. This morning I called my bank to see if they would refinance my primary mortgage - and I almost did. I am right on the thresh hold of 20% equity.

In October of last year I tried to refinance my rental which had equity at the time. I could have had 100% equity, and they wouldn't have refi'd me. I remember it vividly because I almost lost my shit. Granted, one house I live in and the other I don't - but still. In one year I've gone two two houses underwater ( one super underwater) to two houses with equity.

Three years ago when I tried to image how this would all play out... it wasn't like this. It's stunning honestly.

I change my mind on the Fed. He's got to stop that. I don't know how that will work with these rising interest rates and the cave of apps and refi's. Mortgage rates were down this morning. I suspect rates will fall.

I'm in a foot race with the bank. I have a reset in 2016, and this morning I almost won. It's impossible to know how to gauge the market now. For the first time in a long time I'm looking forward to having a contractor in so I can bleed him of all his real estate-y news.

This type of rebound (as artificial as it is) must burn the jingle mail crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment