Tuesday, May 15, 2007

How to melt down in 3 easy steps.

1. Almost kick your painters off the job.

I know it sounds like I am doing this a lot. But - it is really hard to get anyone to be consistent around here. Even if you get a great referral. With the year round good weather, there is never a shortage of work.

So - after them not showing up three times, I was starting to get a little pissy.

2. Go to a breast reduction surgical consult where they tell you they want to take half your breasts. I sort of felt comfortable with a quarter.

I debated really hard if I was going to mention this here. But the truth of the matter is I'm going to have to shut down the blog for about a month. I'm not going to be able to drive for three weeks. So I probably wont have many stories to share.

3. Get paper audited by the IRS.

You know what is scarier than getting a letter saying you owe them a holy fuck amount of money. Having them show up on your caller id.



I wanted to be a rage filled ball, but I suppressed those urges and just tried to be super nice, and they were super nice back.

Being on hold for an hour and a half. Going through the IRS menu system, and the hold music is enough to drive anyone to insanity.

Once I got to an actual human I realised it was going to be a simple paperwork problem. And they were going to be very reasonable.

It did shave several years off my lifespan, and took up the better part of a day.

Even though I may still have to pay taxes on about 400 bucks, I hope I convinced them it was a good faith error. I don't even think I owe taxes on that.. but I just don't care considering the amount they claimed I owed. I am happy to pay the taxes and fine.

I hope, dear readers, your week is going lots better than mine.

1 comment:

  1. Oooufha!!
    I'm going to have to post about my "lovely" Mother's Day picnic later just to make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete