Sunday, May 20, 2007

Maker Faire '07 - Part 5.



Is this the saddest kid you've ever seen - or what? For me not so much.

Mr Snarkolepsy and I dropped by the Dutch Baby House on the way to Maker this morning. Seated to Mr Snarkolepsy's back - my front - was a woman and her son.

This woman immediately got onto my radar because she looked like she wanted to die. The whole time we had breakfast - this woman's eyes did nothing but roam the restaurant. Her son (I assume - maybe I shouldn't) was playing a game boy or something. But he looked like an angry child. The mother and son were there before we got seated, and I don't think I saw her say one word to him. He was probably 10 years old.

At any rate she looked miserable, and I couldn't figure out why she would bother taking the child somewhere, because they both seemed very unhappy to be with each other.





About this time Mr Snarkolepsy and actually ran into some people we knew from a company that both Mr. S and I worked at several years ago. There were a ton of people there, and we wound up running into people we knew a couple of times. Small techie world I guess.



If you like puppets. Me not so much. But they were very nice people. The camera causes people to be very open. So I actually wound up talking to them a little earlier in the day.











Okay, I have to admit I thought these were the mooninites.

No comments:

Post a Comment