Friday, June 17, 2016

You mean if I would have just chosen fancy chickens I would still have a pet?

Yesterday Mr S. wanted me to go to the fairgrounds this morning because after this weekend the bunnies will be cleared out from the fair. I was sort of resistant because I wasn't sure what I was going to do there.

Him - Well if you want to get leads on Velveteen Lops you have to go tomorrow because all the bunnies have to be cleared out this weekend for the fancy chickens exhibit next weekend.

Me- You mean fancy chickens have a whole convention just for them? How the eff long can a fancy chicken live to warrant a whole weekend? It better not be longer than 10 years or I'm gonna be pissed. So I went over to google and about lost my mind.

Me - guess how long fancy chicken last?!

Him - 4 years.

Me - 20 effing years! That is a cruel irony of life. I can't even believe that. How can that be possible?

You can't just go down to your local pet store and find a Velveteen. You have to go hunt them down. So I guess I'm boarding the crazy train tonight and driving to Reno for a rabbit show tomorrow. The rabbit world is always a little weird. It's a very quirky group of people. It's interesting from the outside, but you don't want to spend too much time there.

It could take me a couple of months to find a replacement for my girl. So you might hear a lot about crazy rabbit shows for a little while. It's the only thing I'm focused on. I'm petless. So nothing else matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment