Thursday, October 24, 2013

Unbounded Robotics UBR-1.



I'm not actually going to say much about this product because techcrunch did a fantastic article about them a couple of days ago.

I didn't even push to see this thing demoed because I've already seen how amazing the PR2 out of Willow Garage was a couple of years ago. This is just a smaller version of that.

To be honest I re watched the video and in my memory the PR2 seemed like a hulking sized of a machine. Even though it moved really smoothly. I guess it wasn't as big as I remembered. BUT! The thing I found really clever about what Unbounded Robotics has done is they made an accordion in the middle so it can change height. I've seen a lot of telepresence robots, and it's the first time I've seen that. I love that to death. That's better for children and old ladies.



This is how big it is in relation to a man.



No comments:

Post a Comment