Monday, September 03, 2012

Sausalito Art Festival Shots.



Normally I try harder to get the artists names when I blog about their stuff. But,not this time. The artists at the Sausalito Art Festival are about as hostile towards photographers as you can possibly be. I "get it". You are there to sell art.

However, you are at a festival - not a gallery. Photographers make it so more people want to buy your art. But, they don't get this whole feedback loop. And it's Sausalito, where you can't go a block without seeing an Obama/Biden bumper sticker. Even on a Bentley. The funny thing is it's so Democratic, they don't even see how crazy they are. But it's a beautiful city. It's easy to escape the real world consequences of actions.











The tulip furniture was something I hadn't seen before, and the artists from Freyer Wood Works hadn't become Sausalito hardened yet. Which roughly translates - we are fucking rich here beotch. And I love rich people! Well, maybe love is a strong word. If you are entertaining me - I'm loving you. Rich, poor. Whatever.






2 comments:

  1. she Said "The funny thing is it's so Democratic, they don't even see how crazy they are."

    I said, That's it in one sentence. Nothing more needs to be said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that every time someone says that, I compulsively want to say one more thing?

    Affectionatly,
    Snarkolepsy.

    ReplyDelete