Thursday, March 22, 2012

The scopes.







The above three shots are from CES2012. The company is Dino-Lite. As I recall they ranged from 250 bucks to 500 bucks. I'm not going to spec them out now because my ADD is off the charts. I'm trying to focus today.

I thought it was interesting the example they were using to sell the product was currency dealers. Or watchmakers. I thought of half a zillion other uses. If they wrote a software package for my cell phone, I'd take this thing completely mobile.

The bottom two shots are from a Photonics conference I went to. The microscopes were way more expensive - but, oddly they were using the same examples for how people might use them. If I were the company from the second set of shots, it might put a shiver up my spine if I saw this post. Obviously their product is going to be slightly better. But the Dino-Lite ones might be just good enough for what most people want to do.



2 comments:

  1. "If they wrote a software package for my cell phone, I'd take this thing completely mobile."

    I'm sure there must be an app for that. And if there isn't, there'll be one soon. :D

    Purple Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just die if there was an app for that.

    ReplyDelete