Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pissing off the neighbors.



My wood guy showed up at 7:00am. Where he dumped 2 cords. You have to do this under the dark of night now.

When my fence went down this past winter I got to know one of my neighbors pretty well. Turned out I really liked them. Well - I really like the husband. I mean, I like her too. Which is why I feel somewhat guilty right now. They said the only thing that bothered them about us, was our fireplace smoke. She has allergies. Which I am sympathic towards. I have them too. And Mr S. has asthma.

Still - every single one of these houses have fireplaces. Our last house didn't have a fireplace, and we really wanted one. Now that we have one, we're going to enjoy it.

The funny thing about her was - she mentioned many times how she wished there were less chemicals in our environment. I roll my eyes at this talk, because there is a huge echo chamber about this right now. People have become hysterical about being killed by chemicals. (Not to mention that technically, EVERYTHING is made of chemicals)

I thought the whole thing was funny because the husband kept telling me I should Roundup any of the bamboo that escape their yard into mine. (I personally never use RoundUp. I'm not against it. I'd take a bath in the stuff. But the bunnies. I don't want to forget I have it on my hands. I opt for a good sharp box cutter for anything growing through cracks, and a shovel.) So the wife is worried about 'chemicals', while the husband is encouraging me to wage herbicidal chemical warefare.

The sucky thing is, b/c I like them, I now even have to feel guilty for enjoying my fireplace. I mean - it sucks for them. Heck, in a few years they might even get to sue me for trying to kill them a la second hand smoke litigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment