Monday, February 01, 2010

It comes and goes.

Yesterday was one of the only days we've had a full day of sun for a while. I don't know how long actually because I just get a little claustrophobic and stop caring how many days it been. But, anyway, the days it isn't raining - we've gotten socked in with this oppressive fog. Which is sort of weird for our area.

So we stayed home and did some garden prep, and rocked the baby back ribs. Winter is about the only time you can bbq around here where you don't have to worry about setting a wild land fire. Except we aren't in a wild land. Just a few years of drought.

Anyway. I'm going to give you my bbq sauce recipe which I nicked from someone else. I'm sure you can modify it any way that suits you.

6 ounces of tomato paste. Which is about 3/4's of a large can of paste. Or just put the whole thing in. I don't think it makes that much difference. I don't use the full can.

1 cup brown sugar.
1 cup stone ground mustard.
1 cup catchup.
1/2 cup soy sauce. I use low salt.
1/4 cup vinegar.
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce.
Fresh garlic. I'll say a shitload. Your mileage may vary.
Honey. I like the crystallised stuff if you can find it. Which usually comes in a honey bear, and drives you insane trying to get out of said bear.
2 cups whiskey. Canadian preferable. But, whatever makes you happy.

Throw 2/3'rds of this mix in with a couple of racks into the oven. For a couple of hours. Roughly.

Use the other 3rd on basting the ribs on the bbq. Cook just long enough to infuse all the of the sauce. But, you must use all the sauce. Mr S. coats the ribs probably 5 times.

In other news. My dirt is finally starting to look awesome. I'm doing pink tomatos this year. At least attempt. Last year I got blight.

No comments:

Post a Comment