I did make a meager attempt at planning for a new project. But so far - no news. It feels like a quarter of the bloggers fell off the ride. Can people not afford the Internet anymore? Or is this just normal seasonality?
I do have a few things coming up this month. Normally, I'm not into teasing my stories, but.. what are you gonna do?
A somewhat interesting thing happened a couple of days ago. We got some cast off from the Texas hurricane. Mr S. And I were up on the deck watching in relative excitement at the rain in the upper atmosphere. I know it is too dry for anything to reach the ground. But a girl can hope can't she?
Anyway.. as the sun was setting I could barely see this rainbow. You couldn't make out any of the colors. Just that it existed. I really had to crank my fstops to capture it. So the colors are slightly exaggerated. However - once the sun fully set the sky became a brilliant orange.
These colors are photo realistic.
Anyway.. it was kind of interesting because I didn't really think you could get a rainbow at sunset. I figured the sun was too low in the sky. But apparently you can.
For a rainbow, all you really need is water drops in the air and sunlight shining from behind you at a low angle. (That explains why you rarely see them at noon.)
ReplyDeleteYou can also get them in mist (you've see this with a hose), and sometimes with reflected light. The latter may explain your sunset rainbow; it's hard to have the sun behind you as you watch the sunset.