Saturday, May 07, 2011

Blame it on my ADD.

A lot of today was spent harvesting parts. It feels so old fashioned. The product cycle used to be so short - you just waited for new stuff to be built. I liked it that way.

Still, the parts we think we need aren't that available anymore. Radio shack and Fry's both have little from their geeky roots. So we went out to Weird Stuff.

OMG, I was so excited to go this morning. I haven't been there in at least ten years. It might have been longer. Because you could buy anything you needed already made.

Weird Stuff used to be this amazing place. It had all this stuff you didn't know what it was, or what it did. Now, it's mostly old stuff. And kinda pricey old stuff, honestly. I know they can charge more because they have a limited audience. But.... they have a limited audience.

We were looking for pen switches. I don't know if that's the name of them. It's just what they remind me of. They make the same sound as clicking a pen in and out.

We wound up with an old flash light for the on off switch. And an off brand PC game controller for the joystick.





What I really wanted was:

Clean room booties.



Self explanatory.





Cryogenic vials? Why not.


No comments:

Post a Comment