Monday, October 22, 2018

Sometimes I scare myself.

I was reading Zero Hedge today where he talks about how the Khashoggi killing could blow up Softbank. Which made me laugh because a few months ago I'd made a post basically saying that nothing better happen to SoftBank or The Valley would be screwed.

When they started taking a stake in companies like Nvidia I started getting nervous. Because why would Nvidia need their money anyway?

So I had to find my post so I could make sure of what I said because it was months ago. And OH MY GAWD. I had to laugh  so hard. This is my post in it's entirety written on April 25th 2018.

"WeWork documents reveal it owes $18 billion in rent and is burning through cash as it seeks more funding. "

I've been completely fascinated by these "incubators". They don't seem to be producing much. Yet I see one site in Fremont that is basically vacant and just storing cars in the parking lot. I've been meaning to go and check it out more closely. They seem to be a direct to customer used car company that I haven't heard of before and forget the name of. But every time I drive by there - there seems to be more and more cars. I just don't get it. 

All I know if that if something happens to Softbank the Valley is going to be a little screwed. They own a little of everything around here." Original here.

I just didn't think things would blow up this way. But that's the funny thing about life.

2 comments:

  1. Capital of Texas RefugeeMonday, October 22, 2018 5:26:00 PM

    Oh, you mean that the Sah-oodies might have to sell some of their sovereign wealth fund investments and that the new buyers of Softbank, Nvidia, etc. might be more hands-on?

    This doesn't really bother me all that much, but I can understand if Thuh Valley doesn't like the idea of new investors having their hands all over the investments a lot more often.

    I'm reminded of your "California is the hot chick who falls down a lot in movies" analogy and I'm wondering just what those new investors have in mind for her ... *ahem*

    YOU PERV, KEEP IT PG-13 IN THAT HEAD OF YOURS. :-)

    There's a common thread here though, and it's most observable in that ridiculous story about some "grain of rice" chip that magically showed up on some SuperMicro PCBs that were headed to Amazon and Apple ... a midget chip smaller than a typical power regulator that supposedly has more tech in it than an ARM7 CPU?

    Well hell, if they're so damned good at fabrication like that, why don't they just enter the regular markets and clean out everyone?

    YEAH, THOUGHT SO.

    But you know what would get all of Thuh Valley to back Michael Bloomberg in 2020 ... and that's not a question, because you know what would do it.

    After all, where did that article first appear?

    YEAH, THOUGHT SO.

    Nobody with any sense here really gives a rat's ass about some lying piece of Muslim Brotherhood propagandist who got fired by the Sah-oodie regime for doing his job improperly, but we're all supposed to think we should.

    Seriously, where do we send the thank-you notes, Riyadh or Tel Aviv?

    Let's do this Q-style then!

    [MB] WANTS TO PULL THE TRIGGER.
    [MB] WANTS MORE CONTROL.
    YOU WANT THIS TO BE A THING?
    IT'S NOT GOING TO BE A THING.
    THESE PEOPLE ARE STUPID.
    [notQ]

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No...no one cares about that guy. But I bet all of a sudden people don't want to do business with the "Sah-oodies" because now you aren't really quite sure if you are coming back alive. And everyone cares about that.

    I mean, if Sir Richard Branson has his nickers in a wad..... I"m guessing he isn't the only one.

    ReplyDelete