Friday, October 19, 2018

Lidar is still my jam.



Mostly because it's still fun to play spot the sensor.  I guess I hadn't realized that Lidar really was born out the of the Darpa Grand Challenge. And I guess Jamie knew a lot of these guys.  My picture isn't great. But I guess he is working on a an autonomous emergency rescue vehicle for when it's too hazardous for humans.



Velodyne is pretty scrappy. I wasn't sure how things were going to work out for them after solid state Lidar started coming out. (Solid state basically means the Lidar doesn't spin)



This car had some extra cameras I think.



And honestly I'm loving that front cameras are coming "a thing". I'm one of those girls that has my seat all the way to the front and up all the way because I'm short. I can barely see the right front quarter panel. I should have put an arrow but it's right under the Lexus Symbol. You also get a fairly good shot of my reflection.



I also got a chance to ride in one of these. And at first I was excited, but then found out they were only doing a loop in the parking lot. Which is where I became bored and ditched it.





The car stuff is cool, but the real exciting Lidar stuff is happening in uncovering what's on the Earth. Like when they find ancient cities and unknown landslides.  Both of these links are pretty ad intensive, but that stuff is super cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment