Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Comma ai.



I got a chance to see George Hotz of commai speak where he was releasing a lower priced device. If you don't know who he is, he thinks self driving cars are bullshit. He also thinks all of this can be done without lidar, and can be done with a simple cell phone looking device with cameras. He also famously got shut down by NITSA. So he's a legend in Silicon Valley.

Personally I always love the rebels. The non group think people. But I'm not sure how to lean yet. He could be totally right. But I've read that his tests have been in geofenced areas. Which means very controlled.  He doesn't have enough logged miles for me to lean one way or the other. But I love anyone who tries to take down the big guys. I hope he wins.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't really seen a live demo of his product so I can't say one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete