Thursday, October 25, 2018

Oooh scary job taking robots!



This robot was testing boards. Something that would be a life sucking job for a human. Hunched over all day doing exactly the same thing. We can all agree a robot is better suited for this job. Right?



I told Mr S. a couple of days ago that if I went to my next conference and it was all arms - it will make me want to punch the sky. Because I'm super bored of arms. Mr S. thought I should get a robot to do that, because that is what they are here for.

But, they were able to sufficiently distract me with lasers. And I'm still into that. Apparently pointing lasers over objects make imperfections really noticeable. So the above arm was inspecting this object for imperfections.



I also wanted to get a few shots of the types of power these things need.



The old ABB was back sorting toys with a sucker. But you are going to need to add an air compressor for that as well. Hopefully a quiet one.





2 comments:

  1. ATMs are robots but they've been around for almost forever, the first one I remember was in the early 70's in Sonoma county.

    Thinking about robots replacing humans & how long ATMs have been around I searched "how many bank tellers have ATMs replace?"

    I was expecting old news, I was surprised. People are banking differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So which way did you think it went because it seemed all over the map to me. Some said there are just as many, some said there aren't.

    ReplyDelete