Monday, September 06, 2010

Can it still be art - if there is no meaning?



It is a question I have been pondering since yesterday. I just like stuff that is interesting. I realize though, that I had been missing the whole point of art. According to artists at least.

I'd remembered the previous artist from last year, and was pretty excited to see his stuff. I just found it interesting. Still, he wanted to explain his work to me. It was then, I realised that every single one of these art exhibits probably had some meaning. It wasn't enough that it was interesting. It had to appeal on a deeper level.

Which I pretty much think is bullshit.

This is when I realised I could never be an artist. Not the fact that I have no ability. Just the idea that I'd have to make up some reason that would convince people it was a good reason to buy something I'd made. I would find totally exhausting.

I'd give you the link for the work - but his site gives me popups. Which is also bullshit. Work by Marc Sijan.

5 comments:

John from Pomeroy on the Palouse said...

PLEASE PUT THE ZOMBIES BACK AS THE TOP POST!

Pretty Please?

This is even scarier.

she said: said...

Hahahahahah. It's the rash. Right?

Miz Minka said...

My eyes!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!

Utter bullshit.

John from Pomeroy on the Palouse said...

Rash? what rash? I didn't notice a rash. And I'm not going to look for it now!. Boy, this "art" make the Mao art look (almost) good. Way to go.

John

she said: said...

Hahaha.

Well, you never know what you are going to get here at che' snarkolepsy. I have to make sure you guys are still awake.