Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Forget the watch.





When I saw this prototype I was sure I'd seen this company before. It took me a while to figure it out, but I saw them last year with a e-ink proto. I thought it was interesting, but sometimes you can't make a story out of something. Plus, e-ink  - I can't believe they still exist. A few years ago I thought this is where the market would go. But, every time I see them now it looks like they are barely holding on. Flexible displays have gotten so much better, now e-ink is limited. We like color!

Anyway, while the footprint was much larger - it was a working proto. (technically both were working) And you could actually read Google maps. Which I think that is sort of ridiculous on a watch. While it's much larger, I'm not sure it's so large that people wouldn't wear it. You can find a lot more pictures here. Company home here.







No comments:

Post a Comment