Saturday, May 21, 2016

At least it's something.



At my rental I have an island that has a wood top that needs to be replaced. The funny thing is when I stuck it in about seven years ago, this wood trend wasn't as popular. Now ikea stocks this stuff which is amazing because the island is a very uncommon size. I did have to lop two feet off, and I'm putting some poly on it so it weathers better.



This is wet, and I'm going to have to knock it down and put a second coat on. It will dry not shiny.  I should have spent a little more time sanding, but I don't think you can see all the places until you get one coat of poly on it. But then, I'm a little impatient for woodworking. Wood has it's own rules and it doesn't care if you want to take short cuts. It'll make you work twice as hard if you don't obey.



No comments:

Post a Comment