Saturday, October 06, 2007

Neurotic much?

Okay Readers... you only have to put up with this thread for a month. By this time November, I'll be onto some other tangent. But for this month, its going to be all about the trip. Well except for the robot show right before the trip. And crap I have to do before the trip. But, other than that.. all about the trip.

This week has been consumed with finding the right bunny nanny. Yeah - that's right. I'm hiring a nanny for my pets. You would be amazed at how many people are afraid to care for rabbits. I was starting to think I wouldn't find anyone.

We finally did find someone who didn't make me nervous, and she came out today. I am really happy and comfortable with her. This is a huge relief, because Jane still has that whole controlled glaucoma thing going on. (Read about here)So she needs medication, and artificial tears daily. Lame I know, but what am I going to do? She's got a goofy medical problem, so I have to take care of her. The nanny seems very comfortable handling the rabbits and giving Jane her meds. Which is a huge relief.

I actually trust her to care for the bunnies more than I trust any of my friends. She also doesn't mind the bunny cam. Yes...you read right. A bunny cam. If you guys haven't figured out I'm totally neurotic by now, I don't know what to tell you.

One of the nannies who came highly recommended freaked out a little bit when I told her about the bunny cam. Which was kind of a bummer, because we really weren't spying on her. It would have made her job easier in fact. But I totally understand how cameras make people uncomfortable.

At any rate.. I'm happy to have this hurdle handled. Onto the next.

6 comments:

  1. Now I feel like a totally awful parent to my Fur-Child. When we get someone to watch the dog, my instructions are feed her, let her out, walk her, brush her, and if she runs away, don't feel too bad, we won't mind. If you want to keep her when we get back that will be fine too. So far so one has lost her, or wanted to keep her. Damn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! naaaa. I wouldn't be this neurotic with dogs or cats. They are pretty good at taking care of themselves. The bunnies however pretend everything is fine until they can't pretend anymore. The genetic feature of being chicken mcnuggets of the animal world.

    I'd love to neglect a dog. But Mr. S. will swell up and crap. So, if I want pets, I'm stuck with these animals that are about as robust as a guppy.

    But, they sure are cute.. aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are going to talk about a bunny cam, you have to post a link to an online stream, so that we can watch too. I would have offered to take care of them, but I believe in that whole euthanizing sick animals thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If you are going to talk about a bunny cam, you have to post a link to an online stream, so that we can watch too.

    You know... the thought did cross my mind. I just haven't had time to track down a site. Any suggestions?

    "I would have offered to take care of them, but I believe in that whole euthanizing sick animals thing.

    HEY! I already put down one animal this summer. What more do you want from me?

    You know you are just volunteering because you want to play with all my cool toys while we are away. You can admit it.

    Besides.. if you knew how much money I was paying this woman - I would have no fear you were going to wring the necks of my pets. You'd be wiping their tiny little asses if they needed it. ;-P

    You might even re-evaluate your career path.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea that bunny care was such a lucrative industry. Clearly, a change in career paths, may be warranted. Would I need to become a registered bunny nurse in order to qualify, because I've got masculinity issues about taking on nursing as a profession?

    As far as streaming suggestions, you could do Ustream, although I'm not sure if they have limits on how long the camera can be rolling. I can't imagine that you'd get a lot of hits, but it probably would hurt to have your fans keeping an eye out on your neighbors, I mean bunnies too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Would I need to become a registered bunny nurse in order to qualify, because I've got masculinity issues about taking on nursing as a profession?

    Then, definitely CPR experience would be required. Not for everyone - just you. I mean.. you can't bring them back that way.. but I know you don't really like pets (unless they're tasty), so it would be funny. Especially with the masculinity issues.

    I'll check out Ustream. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete