Monday, September 03, 2007

The weekend update.

The last two days have been a little crazy. I'm trying to get things back to normal. So, I have a bunch of stuff to talk about.

Mr S., and I wound up doing a project today. Well.. mostly Mr S.

Normally I would have helped him - but I was busy fucking with this preying mantis.



I'm sure he is a product of all those preying mantis sacks they sell at the hardware store.

The whole time I've lived in California, I've never seen one in the wild. But, today, while coming back from one of our trips, I found him on our front window screen. This guy is probably the last of his species, which is why he is hanging out on my monitor right now.

Once, Mr S. and I tried to hatch one of those mantis sacks, and realised much like the Panda bear - mantis's should just go extinct. They really are the pussies of the insect world. Most of the time they can't even molt so they wind up dieing trying to shed their skin.

Anyway.

Today's project involved turning off the electricity. Which caused an old issue to pop back up. Mr S.'s graphics board problem.

It finally pushed him over the edge enough to want to fix it. All of a sudden we found ourselves at Fry's Electronics. Normally I might have thought it was too early to do an electronics store trip. But I definitely was getting locked in syndrome.

Once we got close enough to the parking lot, I became nervous. It looked busy. When we got into the parking lot however, we realised it was holy fuck busy. I don't think I've seen this place that busy even on Christmas. We didn't even think we'd find a parking place.

So we began to map out a plan for Mr S. to go in - and for me to circle the place. At the last minute we found a spot.

Once parked, I prepared myself to deal with a bunch of people. When we got in the door though, I was in panic mode. These people are normally clueless, but today, everyone was buying huge crap. HDTV's, computers - stuff like that. I'm only out of surgery 10 days, so I go into full linebacker stance. Forearms over my chest. Elbows way out. Mr S. is pulling up the rear trying to make sure no one bumps me from behind. It was crazy!

Happily we got out of the store in remarkable time.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO buying my computer on-line.

    I spent my day nursing my hollow leg and watching the Anthony Bourdain No Reservations marathon.

    ReplyDelete