Saturday, April 24, 2021

Focuses the mind.

Summer is apparently canceled. Everything I planned for the summer is getting rescheduled till the fall.

About a month ago I had to sign my first liability waiver to start attending conferences again. Which basically said I hold the venue harmless. But today I had to sign another one which was a bit more direct. 

Maybe they thought no one would sign up for these things yet. I think they just wanted to say - we aren't sure you understood us. You could die. I mean, I think this is how this whole thing got started was from one medical conference. Right? These are the ultimate super spreader events. 

This is the first line:

"I assume all risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my participation. 

I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Questex LLC, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from any such claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto."

It goes on to say:

Specifically relating to the global COVID-19 pandemic, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk of exposure or infection by my participation, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the CDC, local Health Departments, and other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing, and in furtherance thereof Questex has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 during the live conference at the event. I agree to comply with such measures in order to better protect both myself and others, and to help reduce the overall spread of the virus.

Then it goes on to list a few rules that people are just going to comoletely lie about. Like not coming if you have recently been exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment