Monday, June 11, 2012

Thank gawd all the things that will make me super fat are far away.



This weekend Mr S. found us a southern restaurant in Los Gatos. Which is decidedly rich, not southern. But they claimed to serve grits. Which is somewhat of a new thing for me. I spent a couple of years in the South, and I never once touched a grit.

I end up at a chicken and waffles place a couple of years ago, and now I love this shit. Maybe I thought it needed to be eaten too healthily before. Because you have to gob it in butter, and then pour syrup on top.

Unlike the chicken and waffles place, whose grits are creamy, these looked more like mashed potatoes. Which kept tricking your brain, because it doesn't have the texture of potatoes.

2 comments:

  1. Never tried them with syrup, just salt & butter, but now I will have to give that a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a good work out plan in place.;)

    ReplyDelete