Thursday, December 06, 2007

If it were up to me - I'd fire a bunch of people.

Oh wait - hopefully they are getting laid off.

This is the thing about my crap shack. I went about buying it totally honestly. I didn't fudge income. I didn't get creative with financing.

So - it kind of irritates me when the lenders are basically fraudulent without needing to be.

I liked to amuse myself by thinking that more people than not - knew what they were getting into when it came to the whole sub-prime thing. As more time passes after buying my crap shack, the less confident I become that is actually true.

Take this for example. Today I get the appraisal of the house. Which we paid for, but had no influence over. Imagine my surprise when I find the following on my report:

"RECENT IMPROVEMENTS: THE SUBJECT APPEARS TO HAVE A NEWER COMP SHINGLE ROOF. VINYL DUAL PANE WINDOWS. NEWER GARAGE DOOR WITH OPENER. THE KITCHEN APPEARS TO BE RECENTLY UPDATED WITH NEW COUNTERS, CABINETS, FLOORING, AND FIXTURES. THE MASTER BATH IS 80% COMPLETE WITH WHAT APPEARS TO BE NEW CABINETS, VANITY, NEW CULTURED MARBLE WAINSCOTING AND SHOWER AND NEW TILE FLOORING."

You will see more of the house later.... but are they fucking high? This is the master bath they talk about in the last sentence. The one they say is 80% done, and bla bla bla.





First- you see it has plywood on the ceiling right? The bathroom is a complete tear out. The fucktards who owned the house were using the shower as it stands. Causing water to degrade the sub floor. That bathroom is up on jacks (litterally). There is a jack in the crawlspace under the floor holding it up.

Secondly - cultured marble - what the fuck? And, you can't see it in this picture, but they were actually using a football to put over the toilet drain. The toilet was missing.

Just pisses me off someone would actually write an appraisal like that. Oh - just wait till next week, when I show you how other parts of the appraisal were so totally ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment