Monday, November 27, 2017

Our lady of Silicon Valley



Sometimes when I have time to kill I find myself at this place even though I'm an atheist. Buildings come and go, but this statue has been there since I was a kid. It's probably 40 feet high. You can see a tiny person at the base.

She's watched this place grow from fields to multi story office complexes. All day long people come and go. I watch them wondering what hopes and dreams they are praying for. What sadness provokes them to come and rub the feet of this statue. I don't really understand the comfort people get from these things, but sometimes even I feel it too.  It's once of the most peaceful places in that city now. A quiet in the middle of chaos. She overlooks the freeway! And if that is what people need to get them through.... who am I to judge?

No comments:

Post a Comment