Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Woke up this morning to cops swarming my neighborhood. I guess my diagonal neighbor got broken into and ransacked, possibly last night. And I'm on the good side of town.

I guess it was a lucky break for the robber. One more set of houses and he would have met up with a cluster of houses with gun owners.

I guess it's also time to update the security cameras. Mine were just to protect our property. All the neighbors seem to know I have them, so I might as well not hide them anymore. Many years when I put them in after being vandalized you still seemed creepy to have them. Now I guess people have softened and you get to guard the whole neighborhood. Because the neighbors sent the police right over to my house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The downside to the cameras is that it breeds paranoia. W/O them you wouldn't even notice what was happening around you, but with them, you're just waiting for every punk who walks across the sidewalk to start causing trouble.

she said: said...

Naaa. You would be stunned at just how boring your neighbors are. After a year or so with them - you forget you have them. Just don't go all Hunter S Thompson,Yo!