Monday, January 03, 2011

Oh yeah. It's Monday.

Yesterday I started switching my schedule from going to sleep at 2, to getting up at 4 in the morning. Yeah, us techies don't keep banking hours. I figured if we altered our schedule early - being in Vegas might be less exhausting.

This of course made me completely loose my mind. Meaning I locked myself out of the house this morning. I've only done this a couple of times in my whole life. So, I had to meet up with Mr S. to get his keys. Then I figured I might as well fill up the car with gas.

Now, I'm going to segue back to yesterday. Where I bought some of those barefoot running shoes. CES leaves my feet mangled for weeks. Blisters, and I get a bruise under my big toe nail. Every year! And I'm active. It feels like you walk 75 miles. But, its probably only 5. Still.. my feet pay and pay and pay.

These barefoot running shoes keep your toes all separated so stuff doesn't rub. I started wearing them today so I could make sure something didn't pop up unexpectedly. I didn't think anything of it. And of course I am a little disjointed because my day is starting off weird.

Back to the gas station. I have to go inside because the machine won't take my card. I'm trying to tell the cashier this when the guy behind me becomes all fixated on my shoes. He wants to see the soles and wants to talk about them. Which is fine but totally fragments me out. I'm trying to deal with the cashier and the guy who is fascinated by my shoes.

Everywhere I've gone this morning people have noticed them. Which I didn't expect. I'm functionally shy and like to prepare for things that are going to garner a lot of attention. I didn't think these shoes would be something that did that. They do.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't realize that those shoes would attract attention. (snicker)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I thought people would just give me sad looks - because they look tragic. And that would be the end of it. I didn't expect so much interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarge ordered a pair of those several years ago before they became wildly popular here. I used to call them his $70 pair of socks, but he uses them all the time.
    I think that they are completely repulsive, the athletic version of Crocs.

    I hope they work out for you comfort wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about going in socks! Then thought TSA might give me an extra groping - because people don't go places just in socks.

    I thought it was just one step from crocs myself. Or birkenstocks. Comfort is an illusion. I'm just hoping to be able to walk my the end of the day. Maybe I will try to find a pedometer today. I can't believe how damaged I am from just a few miles. I walk everywhere.

    ReplyDelete