Monday, January 07, 2013

You can't make this shit up.

On Jan 1 a plastic bag ban went into effect in my area. Or they will charge you 10 cents for a paper one. I think most of the Bay Area is this way now.

So imagine my surprise when I was at Best Buy picking up batteries and memory cards, the cashier asked if I wanted a bag. He then almost immediate spills out that Best Buy is not a supermarket and thus not affected by the plastic bag ban. I guess absolutely no one knew that only stores that sell groceries are affected, because it sounds like he spends his days repeating they don't charge for bags.

I mean even I didn't know. I thought it was an across the board ban. So.... I guess these assholes are just making it hard to buy groceries. But whatever. At least at the stores not only are all the bags gone, even in the self checkouts!, but so are the baggers. If I'm bringing a bag, I might as well put my own shit in there. Unintended consequences Baby. I'm sure this won't be the last perverse incentive this creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment