Monday, September 29, 2008

We can solve all of our pollution problems by making it pretty.

You've probably been wondering what would motivate us to drive through this - just to get to the beach. We have tons of beaches within an hour away.



Glass. That's right. You heard me. You know how much I love glass.



I don't remember how I heard about this place. I'm not going to bore you with the details. All I know is when I did some research, it seemed like a closely guarded secret. Lots of blogs that talk about the beach, won't even tell you exactly where the best beach is to see the glass. Lots of people seemed to make a big deal about people stealing the glass. From some accounts - I wasn't even sure there was much glass left. Apparently the glass is protected. Even though it seemed everyone was taking it.



Truthfully - I don't get the outrage about people dumping bottles on the beach. Or them not wanting people to steal the glass. This all seems like a self correcting problem to me. It is a great way to get rid of our bottles, and make a beautiful beach. Last I remember... glass was partially made of sand. Let people steal all the glass they want. The beach will be cleaner. Problem solved.

Now if we can just figure out how to make the crap they throw out on the freeways pretty.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I actually gasped when I saw that picture. I know you grabbed up a 5lb bag to send to me. I'll repay you with 5 lbs of bread!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm all shades of conflicted! That was some really fantastic bread. It has to be some of the most expensive bread I've ever had though - considering shipping. And - how much time am I going to have to spend on the orbiter to work off 5 pounds of bread. Mmmm.. delicious, delicious bread.

    Mr S. and I were trying to figure out how to make that stuff. It would kind of be a cool ground cover. Even though I hate rock ground covers. I guess if used sparingly it could be very cool.

    If we were motivated enough, we'd buy one of those drum concrete mixers from the hardware store. Slap a motor and solar panel cell. So we don't run up our electricity bill. Add sand and water. Wait for the neighbors to show up pissed from the noise.

    ReplyDelete